1.1 The requirement
- The annual WSP/ATR (Skills Development Facilitation) is due to be submitted latest by 30 April 2019 as per the Skills Legislative requirement. Taking the B-BBEE Codes into account in order to achieve points under this element, any company with a turnover of R50 Million or above, needs to comply with this requirement.
- Other than the benefit from the B-BBEE prospective, there are additional benefits to compliant stakeholders. (compliant being successful submission of report criteria), being as follows:
- Mandatory Grant (20% of 1%)
- Discretionary Grants Seta funded training initiatives
1.2 Training Committee and Meetings as per the Skills legislative requirement
Steps to complete the project:
- Ensuring training committee forums and meetings in place as legislative requirements. (should an EE committee already in place, the same committee can be utilised to represent a training committee)
- Consultation with committee and manages to assist with reporting process to the relevant SETA (including WSP finalisation and signing of documents)
1.3 Submission of the Online reports to relevant SETA as per deadline (WSP & ATR)
- Collating of information relevant to the submission (meeting where required/email/telephonic)
- Ensuring successful on-line reporting of WSP/ATR
- Follow up with relevant SETA regarding confirmation letter of successful receipt of report.
- Ensuring the roll-outs of the Four (4) mandatory meetings in a 12-month process (minimum),
- Receiving training information throughout the period to ensure successful reporting for the following period,
- By means of addressing the company’s skills plan (which will become the Workplace Skills Plan for the following period, we hereby assist the client’s means to achieve the desired goals). (Considering the B-BBEE requirement under the Skills Development element)
- Assisting in identifying training gaps and suitable training programmes in line with client’s needs and training plan.
- Follow up with relevant SETA, regarding Mandatory Grant (20% of 1% SDL)
- Assisting Companies with Discretionary Grant funding applications (SETA funded projects to compliant companies)